September 11th, 2022
Good day Franklin Families.
We hope you are having a wonderful weekend. We are sure you children are tired and exhausted from their first week of learning, making new friendships and trying to learn expectations. Here are your reminders and updates which will also be posted on the Franklin website until School-Day is accessible to all families.
1. If your child has a medical condition that is life threatening, please ensure that their classroom teacher and office are aware. Our Plan of Cares from last year are still on file but not all systems are working at capacity so any new students with severe medical concerns do not have them in the system yet.
2. Please remember to check out www.wrdsb.ca/ for board updates and events.
1. Grade 1 to 6 students (three separate ones for 1/2, 3/4 and 5/6) had an assembly this past Friday. The content of the assembly included:
a) Reviewing our school rule
Respect for yourself, others and the environment
b) Dealing with conflict which will inevitably occur due to being together regularly (just as it does with siblings)
Steps for dealing with conflict include:
Telling a person to stop
Use a Tool for Life strategy
Tell a Teacher so they can help
c) Assembly protocol
Adults hand goes up and when seen, their hand needs to go up and talking needs to stop
Be respectful and attentive to speakers
If tempted to talk because they are by a friend, make a good choice by asking to move to another spot
d) Lunch protocol – 20 minutes
Sit in your seats, ensure you are eating your food, at 11:30 announcements will go on so to listen attentively, wait for teacher direction to start to put away lunches and to get ready for outside
e) Hallway protocol
Tight to the right – when walking through the halls, students should be tight to the right and single file so the middle is open for adults who need to get somewhere or a child who needs to be picked up, etc.
f) Finally if a walker, to ensure you are using the lights or crosswalks when coming to and from school as there are many vehicles on surrounding streets
2. Our grade 5 and 6 students were offered a form if interested in being a bus patrol. They need to answer two questions, and get the form signed by a parent/guardian. There are limited spots available so not all will be selected to go to training.
3. Thursday September 22nd is our School Council meeting. It begins at 6:30 in the library.
4. Elementary International Language Classes will hopefully be available once again at various school locations. “WRDSB is collecting the intent to register for the 2022-2023 program through the Continuing Education department International and Indigenous Languages Program.” For out-of-province students or those on a Student or Visitor Visa, there will be student fees.
Important Registration Information
Elementary classes will be on Saturday mornings from September until June. Please complete ONE registration form per child if interested.
Quote of the Week:
“A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be.” (Loubis and Champagne)