February 26th, 2023
Good morning everyone.
Happy last Sunday in February. Here are your reminders and updates for this week.
1. Please remember that if your child needs to take medication at school, there is a form (IS-11-00) you must fill and containers must have official pharmacy labels on them that show “3.2.1 Name of patient; 3.2.2 Name of drug; 3.2.3 Administration instructions; 3.2.4 Storage and safekeeping requirements.” Please call the office if you require a form and any more information on this.
2. There are two more weeks of school before the March Break (March 13 to March 17).
3. Please see the previous School-Day message on Extended Day Services over the March Break which was sent out on January 24th and which began with….
Extended Day Program Alternate Location for March Break Camp
March 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 2023
Please note that the WRDSB operated, Before and After school program at Franklin P.S., will
operate at Sheppard P.S. on the following dates; March 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 2023 located at;
278 Weber St. E.
4. We are waiting to hear about a repair person for our outdoor sign, so at the moment, it is still not working.
1. Thank you to those who attended our Screen Time parent presentation this past Thursday. Here is the link to the slideshow….we are hopeful that it will work for you.
2. Lots of pink, red and white on our Pink Day for kindness …nice to see!!
3. There is a Board Meeting Monday Feb. 27th starting at 7 pm.
When: Mon, February 27, 7pm – 9pm
4. For those families with older children – grade 7 to 12, there is an Explore Your Future: Working with Food on Wednesday March 1st from 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
“The Business and Education Partnership of Waterloo Region invites Grade 7 to 12 students and their parents/caregivers to participate in the interactive Explore Your Future speaker series starting Wednesday, December 7. This free, virtual series gives students a chance to learn about potential career options and help them plan their future career pathways.”
“Working in the food industry is a great career option for high school students to consider. There is a very high demand for people in this industry, which offers many different options, ranging from the food service and restaurant industry to food science, culinary arts, food processing, food manufacturing, agriculture and more. This event is a great opportunity to hear directly from local people working in the food industry about what they do and how they got there to see if this might be the right career path for you.”
(Please note the above description was taken directly from the board website).
Please note that registration for the event is required.
Register for Working with Food – https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_84dfZavATuSCGAKcc3F0_w
Quote of the Week:
“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell