May 14th, 2023
Hello Franklin families. We hope you enjoyed the beautiful weather.
Here are your reminders and updates.
1. The deadline for our last pizza order is coming up on Sunday May 21st.
2. Parents, teachers and students are invited to the Kitchener-Waterloo Special Olympics open house on May 26.
Date: May 26th, 2023
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Location: KW Habilitation Bollas Hall (Main Floor) 99 Ottawa St. S
3. Bike to School Week is May 29 – June 2, 2023 “Bike to School Week inspires students to try riding a bike to school for the first time, to learn new skills, or to just have fun, explore, and connect with nature, the community, and people all while leaving cars at home.” Student contest registration: https://bit.ly/BTSW_Student
4. Monday May 22nd is Victoria Day. There is no school for staff or students.
1. Our Domino Pizza Fundraiser is back starting tomorrow (Monday May 15th) at 10:30 am until Sunday May 21st, until 11:59 pm. 30% of all sales goes back to Franklin if you use the promo code SCH30. This is valid at all five Kitchener locations.
2. Our most recent retired administrator coming to Franklin has been Mr. Hansen and he will be with us for a few more days.
3. We have had some very energetic and keen students who wanted to make a difference and so they planned various activities to raise funds. These funds are to add to existing sporting equipment. A great big thank you goes out to Alex and Nixon, and Ms. Bronson for being the teacher lead in this. The Dance Party is one of the final activities planned and happening this week.
4. Our Junior Track & Field Play Day will take place on Tuesday, May 23rd with a rain date on Thursday, May 25th. It will be an all-day event that involves every student in attendance from grade 4 to grade 6 at Franklin PS. We will be moving towards a challenge-by-choice approach to track & field events. There will be several track and field event stations in addition to stations for rest, play and fun. We thank Mr. Palmer for coordinating this event.
5. Running Club has been underway and we thank Mrs. Weido for coordinating this.
6. Please see the R.I.D.E Safe Flyer (on School-Day) for an opportunity to learn about bike safety.
7. Committee of the Whole Meeting this Monday at 7 pm. See wrdsb.ca for more details.
8. There is another Three Part Learning Series for Parents and Caregivers
Part One: Reading with Google Read&Write
Learn about Google Read&Write tools that can help your child in reading on websites.
Wednesday, May 17, 2023 from 12 to 12:30 p.m. (https://meet.google.com/npd-odvg-xxq)
Part Two: Organization
Learn about two digital tools that can help your child with organizing daily tasks.
Thursday, May 25, 2023 from 12:30 to 1 p.m. (https://meet.google.com/adu-owsu-hfo)
Part Three: Reading with OrbitNote PDF Editor
Learn about how OrbitNote can help your child with readings PDFs.
Tuesday, May 30, 2023 from 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. (https://meet.google.com/gnn-knms-vfj)
Quote of the Week:
“It is in working together that our children are best served.”