September 17th, 2023
Hello Franklin families,
For those who were able to attend Meet the Staff evening, we hope you had a lovely evening. If you were not able to attend, please know you can always email and connect with your child’s/children’s teacher another time.
1. Please ensure that you have completed the mandatory startup forms on School-Day, especially any Plan of Cares.
2. Please ensure you have updated the school with any new numbers, emergency contacts and or a new address, if applicable, as this is very important.
3. For any board updates or upcoming activities, please visit: www.wrdsb.ca/
4. School Council is this Thursday at 6:30 pm. It is an in-person meeting (library) but we do have a Google link for those who cannot make it but who still want to listen in.
5. Arriving on time to school is an important life skill for future work opportunities. Please help your children with this skill so that they do not miss the beginning of the day routines and lessons.
6. Please remember to call in or email if absent or late. email@example.com or 519-893-1334. Front office wanted to say thank you as this past Thursday, all absences were called or emailed in and for the first time ever, no calls had to be made for Safe Arrival purposes and they were able to work on many other start up tasks. Thank you!!
1. Monday night is the Committee of the Whole meeting from 7 to 9:30 pm. Here is the link if you are interested in joining. www.youtube.com/c/WRDSBVideo/live
2. This past Monday, all grade 1 to 6 students were seen at one point in the gym for an assembly on school expectations. The following was covered: School rule, School motto, Lunch expectations, Outdoor expectations, Bathroom expectations, Strategies in dealing with peer conflict, Walking through the halls
3. Stay tuned for the various Council positions that will be available for people to nominate individuals for and or self-nominate for. Stay tuned for the nomination forms and for more information on the roles that will be available. Voting day for the roles/nominees will be Thursday October 5th from 7 am to 5 pm (to accommodate those who use the extended day services).
4. Our Terry Fox run will be this coming Friday. Toonies will not be collected but donations are encouraged. We ask that if you are able to donate, please do so by following the steps provided to donate online. We will be accepting donations until Friday, October 13th.
Step 1: Go to terryfox.org/ and click “Give Today” and then “To a student
or a school”
Step 2: You will be brought to a donation page. Start typing Franklin Public
School in the search bar.
Terry Fox Donations
Step 3: Click on Franklin Public School
Step 4: Donate whichever amount you choose!
Quote of the Week:
“Our job is not to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. Our job is to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.” (L.R. Knost)